Madison Irving Pediatrics is becoming certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home!
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)?
- PCMH is a model of patient care which puts you and your child at the center of our care. In this model, we work with a team of professionals to improve your child’s physical, behavioral and mental health. It is the care we all want and deserve.
What does this mean for my family?
- PCMH means that as a practice, we are focused on:
- providing patient and family centered care
- enhanced access (extended office hours, telemedicine, better access to physicians)
- team based comprehensive and evidence-based care
- coordination between health care providers (including specialists, therapists, mental health counselors, etc)
- a systems-based approach to quality and safety
- We, as your pediatric team, knows your child and their individual needs, we listen to your concerns and we work to create a trusting relationship
Who is part of the medical home team?
- You, your child, their caregivers
- Medical providers (MD, DO, NP)- primary and specialists
- Nurses (LPNs, RNs)
- Medical staff (MAs, receptionists, office staff)
- Mental health counselors
- Physical therapists and occupational therapists
- Teachers and the educational support team
Learn more with these articles:
“Every child and youth deserves a medical home”